[MPlayer-users] Size of XV Fullscreen

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Thu Oct 30 09:38:57 CET 2008

I mentioned this shortly in another post of mine, but I don't think
anyone is reading it, so I state it here in a more distinct way:

in my previous setup, I had TwinView with my TV set @ 1280x720 showing
the upper part of my 1280x960 desktop. Playing a video in fullscreen
used the 1280x720 as resolution, showing the entire video at the TV set,
and having a black bar below on the desktop.

My new setup has two Monitors on the desktop with 1680x1050
side-by-side, and once again one of them has TwinView with the 1280x720
res, but when I go fullscreen, the fullscreen is sized 1680x1050 instead
of the smaller one, cropping off large parts of the video on the TV-set
(which is not what I want).

How can I control which value mplayer uses for fullscreen? -geometry
does not affect the fullscreen behavior (at least in the many ways I
tried), so there must be something else, maybe in the driver department
or in my xorg.conf about the order of the monitors?

--
cheers,
Alex