[MPlayer-users] Compiling trunk under MinGW/MSYS results in compilation error

Alex Sherwin alex.sherwin at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 16:01:12 CEST 2008

> Which one? I think the "official" one is not compiled with dvdnav at
> all.
> And also, unless it is something that is _clearly_ windows-specific I'd
> prefer the reports on this list, not the -cygwin one.

The 1.0rc2 binary available on the mplayer homepage.

The issue I'm having, which seems odd... but trust me, its happening
and can be described as follows:

- mplayer is running in slave mode (being controlled by java, which is
managing the stdin, stdout and stderr streams of the mplayer process)
- in a movie title with 33 chapters, issuing the following commands:
    - seek_chapter 17 1
    - seek_chapter 1 0  (once already at chapter 16)
    - seek 50 1 (where 50% of the movie is past the beginning of chapter 17)
 all fail to work, and render the mplayer slave process unresponsive.
this is true for any point in the movie after chapter 17, no matter
what the seek method is

Now, this occurs in mplayer executables that I compile myself, in both
1.0rc2 code and trunk code.

However, this does not happen if I try the mplayer executable for
1.0rc2 downloaded from the mplayer website.

Can anyone think of any reason why this behavior may be exihibited?

The only libs I'm using are:

freetype-2.3.7
libiconv-1.9.1
libpng-1.2.31
zlib-1.2.3

My configure command looks like this:

./configure --enable-runtime-cpudetection --disable-sse
--enable-static --enable-menu

I have also tried it without --disable-sse, --enable-static and
--enable-runtime-cpudetection.  All result in the same odd behavior

This is on MinGW/MSYS where MSYS is 1.0.10, and MinGW was installed
with the MinGW windows installer, using the "current" release option

--
Alexander Sherwin
alex.sherwin at gmail.com