[MPlayer-users] Playlist volume bug?

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Fri Sep 5 22:53:02 CEST 2008

ansi wrote:

> Hi all!
> The problem I (and other ARM users) are experiencing is that: if a
> volume level was changed during one song playback, it is not stored
> and once the next song is started, mplayer uses the old (default)
> volume value.

To the best of my awareness, whether or not this happens depends on
whether you are using the system volume or MPlayer's internal volume
control. If the former, the volume change will persist, and will even
apply to other programs. If the former, the volume change will apply
only to the file for which it was applied. This is, I believe,
intentional; I for one do not consider it a bug.

To the best of my awareness, MPlayer's internal volume control will be
used only if the '-softvol' option is specified, either on the command
line or in the config file... though I don't know for certain that it
won't be brought in automatically if there is no hardware mixer.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.