[MPlayer-users] field sequential to over/under stereo playback

Francois Dion francois.dion at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 20:10:38 CEST 2008

On Tue, Sep 9, 2008 at 8:39 AM, RC <cooleyr at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 16:10:24 -0400
> "Francois Dion" <francois.dion at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> With mplayer, is it possible to play back a field sequential dvd (left
>> eye in 1 field, right eye in next field ) as an over/under stereo pair
>> playback?
>
> Probably with clever use of tinterlace/tfields and il.

I was hoping to find an equivalent to down3dright which is side by
side. In reality, it would be nice to have complete input and output
3d support. field sequential, half color anaglyph, side by side,
over/under as either input or output, that way you could basically
adapt any 3d movie to your screen / glasses. That would be very cool.

Anyway, as far as tinterlace/tfields and il, that's all for the
interlacing which I'm only partially succesfull in that I can have one
instance of mplayer displaying odd fields, and another the even fields
but cant figure out how to process both. I cant use 2 mplayers because
it's impossible to sync them, as far as I know.

Suggestions?