[MPlayer-users] gl vs gl2: both are broken

kirillkh kirillkh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 17:51:24 CEST 2008

Hi list,

My mplayer version is SVN r24722. Videocard is ATI HD 3850, using fglrx
driver. In the fglrx settings, "wait for vertical refresh" is set to "always
on", ignoring application settings.

I get video tearing with "-vo gl:yuv=3", but not with "-vo gl2:yuv=3".
However, gl2 doesn't show subtitles, while gl does. I have discovered that
video tearing is related to vsync, which is why I turned it on in the fglrx
settings. Is there any way to make the gl driver use vsync or gl2 to display
subtitles?

Thanks,
-Kirill