[MPlayer-users] gl vs gl2: both are broken

kirillkh kirillkh at gmail.com
Tue Sep 16 20:03:43 CEST 2008

> > Actually, I have just found another way to fix the problem with gl:
> turning
> > on double-buffering. I wonder, what's better.
>
> What do you mean by "turning on double-buffering"? Did you use
> -nodouble? I think that is very much discouraged...

No. Let me explain myself. I am usually using smplayer. When solving this
problem, I have been using mplayer from the command line. After discovering
that the "swapinterval" option fixes the problem, I tried to set it in
smplayer. It didn't work there, so I figured I should search for a GUI
control to do the same. While there was no such control, I found a checkbox
in the Preferences->Video panel that says "Double buffering" and decided to
try it. Well, it appears to fix the problem, too. Unfortunately, I don't
know, to which command-line option it corresponds.