[MPlayer-users] KeyBoard Handling in Mplayer

Stroller stroller at stellar.eclipse.co.uk
Fri Sep 19 17:26:51 CEST 2008

On 19 Sep 2008, at 07:10, Kunal Malik wrote:
> I have installed Mplayer on Red hat enterprise linux WS4
> after installation when i am pressing the arrow keys ..it is not
> working
> according to time mentioned in the config file ..
> left arrow 10 sec
> up arrow 60 sec
> inspite of this .avi file is moving 3min 20 sec forward on both.

How did you install Mplayer?
Is it possible your distro has changed the key-bindings? Look in
~/.mplayer/config and perhaps /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf

I think there may be some known issues with the indexes of avi files -
see, for instance, <http://www.itdp.de/mplayer-users/2004-12/msg00250.html
 >. I don't know whether this is directly related to your problem, but
I think there's also some stuff in the docs about avi & idx.

Stroller.