[MPlayer-users] pausing_keep_force

Robert Cummings robert at interjinn.com
Fri Sep 26 18:55:40 CEST 2008

On Fri, 2008-09-26 at 07:28 -0600, Kevin DeKorte wrote:

> Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> | On Thu, Sep 25, 2008 at 04:22:55PM -0600, Kevin DeKorte wrote:
> |> 1. Is there a way to detect if this functionality is available
> |
> | Probably send a
> | pausing_keep_force get_property ...
> | and see if you get an error (replace ... by something suitable).
>
> Actually, you don't get any response back, but I believe this can be
> determined.
>
> for example if you send
> pausing_keep_forse get_property path   (I spelled it wrong on purpose to
> simulate a unknown command)
> You don't get anything back. So a workaround would be to request a
> property that you don't use with pausing_keep_force and if you get a
> response to that property then you know pausing_keep_force is available.

Perhaps a better way to check for pausing_keep_force is to use a command
with pausing_keep_force and right after issue a different command with
pausing_keep. Then if the pausing_keep response comes in but you haven't
received a response for the pausing_keep_force command then you know by
virtue of the commands being processed in order that pausing_keep_force
is not available.

Cheers,
Rob.
--