[MPlayer-users] Cross-compiling mplayer from Mac OS X 10.5 x86 to Mac OS X 10.3.9 ppc

Ergzay ergzay at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 05:40:17 CEST 2008

I've installed the 10.3 cross compile libraries which includes a 3.3
version of gcc but I can't figure out how to cross compile it. So far
I've used
./configure --enable-static --target=powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0
./configure --enable-runtime-cpudetection --enable-cross-compile --
enable-static --target=powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0
./configure --enable-runtime-cpudetection --enable-cross-compile --
enable-static --target=powerpc-apple-darwin7.9.0 --cc=gcc-3.3
But none of them seem to work quite right. The line for "Checking for
CPU type ..." is always left blank and depending on which one I use
they all fail at different points. Does anyone have any experience
doing this. The VERY outdated documentation on compiling mplayerosx
seems to say that the package you make will work on anything but that
hasn't been changed since OS X switched to x86.