[MPlayer-users] How to compile now after extraincdir and extralibdir have been removed

Henry Garcia defsyn at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 23:05:08 CEST 2009

On Thu, Apr 2, 2009 at 3:14 PM, Vijay Gill <vijay.s.gill at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> As the subject says I need to compile mplayer (latest svn). I have
> xvid, twolame and lame include and libraries in in say
> /somedir/include and /somedir/lib respectively.

Just go ./configure --help and read the output

Use these options if autodetection fails:
  --extra-cflags=FLAGS        extra CFLAGS
  --extra-ldflags=FLAGS       extra LDFLAGS
  --extra-libs=FLAGS          extra linker flags
  --extra-libs-mplayer=FLAGS  extra linker flags for MPlayer
  --extra-libs-mencoder=FLAGS extra linker flags for MEncoder

That looks like all that's left. You'll have to figure out where to put
what.
Or you'll have to put those libraries in some place like /usr/local/include
where the configure script will find them.