[MPlayer-users] How to compile now after extraincdir and extralibdir have been removed

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Apr 4 00:05:40 CEST 2009

John Doe wrote:

>> Why are you --enable'ing so many things? Does autodetection not
>> work correctly?
>
> It does indeed not work.. for me at least.
> My libs are in a specific (not the usual /usr/lib...) directory (so I
> guess out of configure's reach or something)... Or maybe I missed a
> parameter to tell configure to go look there.

I've never needed to do it myself, but if you pass the -L and -I options
to configure in --extra-libs and --extra-cflags, then I believe
autodetection should work fine. If it doesn't, then either I'm
forgetting a step, or we probably need to figure out why...
autodetection is so important in MPlayer that it needs to work on as
broad a basis as possible.

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.