[MPlayer-users] Streaming VOBs with subtitles to a Sony PS3 without re-encoding

Adam Rosi-Kessel adam at rosi-kessel.org
Tue Apr 7 03:55:34 CEST 2009

belcampo wrote, on 4/6/2009 6:00 PM:
>> So the problem here is vobcopy only works with a physical disc,
> but also on a iso file, I think

It doesn't seem to like ISO files:

# vobcopy -l -i ./test.iso
[Hint] You use -i. Normally this is not necessary, vobcopy finds the
input dir by itself. This option is only there if vobcopy makes trouble.
[Hint] If vobcopy makes trouble, please mail me so that I can fix this
(robos at muon.de). Thanks
Vobcopy 1.1.0 - GPL Copyright (c) 2001 - 2007 robos at muon.de
[Hint] All lines starting with "libdvdread:" are not from vobcopy but
from the libdvdread-library
[Error] Could not find the provided path (./test.iso), typo?
[Error] Could not get the device which belongs to the given path!

# mount ./test.iso /mnt/tmp -o loop
# vobcopy -l -i /mnt/tmp
Vobcopy 1.1.0 - GPL Copyright (c) 2001 - 2007 robos at muon.de
[Hint] All lines starting with "libdvdread:" are not from vobcopy but
from the libdvdread-library
[Info] Device /mnt/tmp mount on /mnt/sda1/test.iso
[Info] Path to dvd: /mnt/sda1/test.iso

[Error] Path thingy didn't work '/mnt/sda1/test.iso'
[Error] Try something like -i /cdrom, /dvd  or /mnt/dvd

>> not a
>> VIDEO_TS directory. Also, for this to work correctly, you need to
>> extract just one audio and video stream.
> What makes think so ?

The PS3 seems to be very touchy about what you stream to it. I'm not
even sure a VOB with one audio stream, one video stream, and one
subtitle stream, would work, but I'll give it a try.

Adam