[MPlayer-users] wav file size limit

Matyas Sustik mplayer.list at sustik.com
Fri Apr 10 20:09:47 CEST 2009

Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>> I see that the wav file is over 2GB, and mplayer says:
>> File larger than allowed for WAV files, may play truncated!
>
> Read the oggenc manual, it has an option for that case.

Indeed --ignorelength allows the processing of large files.

(The debian stable vorbis-tools package did not have a new enough
oggenc in it.  Proper installation of the sources was not
straightforward, in that I could not generate a package using the
debian/rules coming with vorbis-tools.)

Thanks!
Matyas
-
Every hardware eventually breaks.  Every software eventually works.