[MPlayer-users] loosing part of the picture with resizing?

Bernd Butscheidt bbutscheidt at yahoo.de
Wed Apr 15 19:07:21 CEST 2009

Hello,

I converted a Pal TV recording to avi using lavc and the following option to resize the video (original resolution 720*576, aspect ratio 16:9):

-vf scale -sws 2 -zoom -xy 720

The goal was to create a resolution with an aspect ratio of 16:9.

The output had the resolution 720*404, so everything seemed fine.

When I compared the original TV-Recording with my encoding, I noticed the a small but noticeable part of the lower picture was missing, like I "cropped" some lines instead of resizing them.

Is this normal when resizing with bicubic? Is there an alternative for resizing without being some part of the picture being cropped?

Thanks for any help in advance
Bernd B.