[MPlayer-users] screen blank while playing

Matus UHLAR - fantomas uhlar at fantomas.sk
Sat Aug 1 13:29:05 CEST 2009

Hello,

the mplayer currently can't set X screen blanking off, I have to manually
issue "xset s off" to prevent screen from blanking. Same happens with
mplayer and gmplayer, fullscreen or window. xv and gl output...

I run debian gnu/linux 5.0 - lenny, nvidia with propietary driver (the one
from lenny. No DE (olvwm window manager), no (x)screensaver.

MPlayer SVN-r29463-4.3.2 (C) 2000-2009 MPlayer Team
- checked out and built a while ago.

Is this a known problem? IF so, what is it and is there a solution to it?

Windows found: (R)emove, (E)rase, (D)elete