[MPlayer-users] Too fast audio

meino.cramer at gmx.de meino.cramer at gmx.de
Mon Aug 3 19:29:07 CEST 2009

Hi,

I recorded a video from my webcam (usb), which also has a mic (the
webcam, not the video.. ;) )
To record the video I used guvcview.

When I play the video with vlc, there were no problems. I was
possible to convert the video into another format without a problem.

Using mplayer to play the video, it results into a video of the
correct length but the audi part was played far too fast.

The video has the format YuYV (video) and PCM (audio).

What is the reason for this and how can I play this kind
of videos correctly with mplayer.

(PS: There are other videos but by far not all, which I got from
youtube and others, which show the same behaviour when played with
mplayer...)

Kind regards,
 Meino Cramer