[MPlayer-users] Playing a TS without PAT

Paulo Flabiano Smorigo pfsmorigo at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 14:57:41 CEST 2009

Hi Nico, Marco and everybody,

I patched MPlayer with the code from Marco Munderloh and the video
played. The audio was muted but I believe that is just do the same
procedure as done with the video.

One thing that I figure out looking at the code is that when demuxer
don't find any PMT he choose mpeg2 by default. The problem is that
here in Brazil (and I believe in more countries) the transport stream
uses mpeg h264. Without the patch I can't play tv direcly from mplayer
using dvb:// or with tzap...

The patch or a implementation to solve this cannot be considered again?

The old post:
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2008-September/074243.html

Thanks...
Paulo Flabiano Smorigo