[MPlayer-users] Video Overlay

Jason Tackaberry tack at urandom.ca
Thu Aug 6 18:27:27 CEST 2009

On Tue, 2009-08-04 at 08:42 -0300, Paulo Flabiano Smorigo wrote:
> I'm trying to put an image over the video. Searching at google I found some
> info about vf_overlay but none of then worked. I saw that it's needed use
> shared memory. What is the best approach to do the video overlay?

I'm not really maintaining vf_overlay anymore.  (It works and is more or
less feature complete, but it's suffering bitrot with respect to keeping
current with svn.)

Have a look at the bmovl filter instead, which is in mplayer now.  If
you just want to overlay a simple image, it should work reasonably well
for you.

Cheers,
Jason.