[MPlayer-users] Mplayer plays slowly video files from my digital camera

Marcin 'Rambo' Roguski rambo at id.uw.edu.pl
Mon Aug 10 00:53:06 CEST 2009

On Mon, 10 Aug 2009 00:44:52 +0200
Anthony Hocquet <anthony.hocquet at gmail.com> wrote:

> Ok, using OSS audio output makes mplayer to play this file flawlessly.
> But turning back to alsa makes the problem re-appear. Which version of
> alsa are you using?

I suspect the problem might be in the way now alsa works: dmix.
I suspect you might be using some integrated audio board, like Realtek
ALC, am I right? The output of audio is 11 kHz, 8-bit - dmix is software
engine that converts it to best available rate and bit width, usually
44 kHz, 16-bit - but that does affect performance and thus creates lags.
it

--
It's very glamorous to raise millions of dollars, until it's time for the
venture capitalist to suck your eyeballs out.