[MPlayer-users] mencoder with aac support

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 08:29:40 CEST 2009

t0ps pisze:
> faad and faac are old. Use libavcodec for decoding, and another 3rd
> party for encoding (Nero aac encoder is free, has linux, and supports
> reading from stdin or via a pipe)

libavcodec is using FAAC for decoding and Nero AAC+ under Linux is
slower than FAAC and have some issues with AAC stream types ( forgot now
) - quiet opposite to Windows version.

AP pisze:
> I want to compile mencoder with aac support.
> i got latest svn, done ./configure --enable-faad --enable-faac
> than make and got this:
[..]
> i installed faac and faad2 from www.audiocoding.com tarbals as well...
> what am I doing wrong? i have ubuntu 9.04

"--enable-faad --enable-faac"
that's what you're doing wrong

As a last resort use Synaptic and install package from Ubuntu for FAAC
and FAAD, both binnary and "-dev" then configure again without any options.

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski
GetFirefox - http://www.mozilla.com/firefox/