[MPlayer-users] EDL operation not OK for Pentax camera videos

T o n g mlist4suntong at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 17 02:03:59 CEST 2009

Hi,

I found that the EDL (edit decision list) operations are not OK for
videos taken from Pentax digital cameras, at least with the Pentax Optio
T10 that I have.

I know most probably it is the Pentax's bad encoding problem, but I hope
that this can be fixed at mplayer/mencoder side. So I've uploaded a file
at ftp://mplayerhq.hu/MPlayer/incoming/ named PentaxOptioT10-avi.rar,
which contains the following files:

                  Size   Packed ...
 PentaxOptioT10-.avi
                154316   145333  ...
 PentaxOptioT10.avi
               2603942  2466460  ...
 PentaxOptioT10.avi.edl
                    81       67  ...

The symptoms are:

- when playing with

 mplayer PentaxOptioT10.avi -edl PentaxOptioT10.avi.edl

 it doesn't play well: sound turns to static noise, and video ended
abruptly.

- when playing the converted PentaxOptioT10-.avi with
 mplayer PentaxOptioT10-.avi
I get the same result as above.

The PentaxOptioT10-.avi file was converted with:

 mencoder -of avi -oac mp3lame -ovc x264 -x264encopts
trellis=1:mixed_refs:8x8dct:crf=25 -srate 8000 -edl
PentaxOptioT10.avi.edl -o PentaxOptioT10-.avi PentaxOptioT10.avi

Please check it out.

Thanks

FYI, my mplayer/mencoder:

$ apt-cache policy mplayer