[MPlayer-users] video overlay problem

Nicolas George nicolas.george at normalesup.org
Wed Aug 19 23:55:49 CEST 2009

Le duodi 2 fructidor, an CCXVII, Alexander Schultheiß a écrit :
> i connected an additional 22" display to my laptop in order to watch
> movies on it. the second screen shows an exact copy of my laptop
> screen with the sole exception that when i try to play something with
> mplayer it shows up on the laptop yet not on the external screen. the
> external screen displays the mplayer window but it's blue.

The principle of the video overlay is that the video card replaces the blue
area with the video, after having correctly scaled and converted it. The
blue is the color key: its use is to carry the information about windows
overlapping.

I think the following page addresses your actual problem:

http://wiki.debian.org/XStrikeForce/HowToRandR12#VI.3.XVOverlayononlyonedisplay

Regards,

--
  Nicolas George