[MPlayer-users] Is there a mplayer command to run a custom command?

Dom H speedsix.lists at googlemail.com
Thu Aug 20 16:28:38 CEST 2009

I'm not sure this is going to do what I want (or I can't see how)

I want mplayer to function as normal but have the ability for it to
pass the filename off to an external script at the press of a button.
I'm sure I found an mplayer command which executed an external command
but don't think I could get it to pass the filename.

Thanks