[MPlayer-users] usable OSD menu on empty playlist

Oskar Nordquist oskar.nordquist at gmail.com
Sun Aug 23 13:56:49 CEST 2009

Hello,

I am trying to let the OSD menu be usable after mplayer has finished
playing the playlist/file. To do so, I have tried using the -idle
and -fixed-vo options, but this will not let me use the OSD menu
(freezed output).

I have a couple of ideas to make this happen:

- Loop a special "loop.avi" file after playlist finish playing
  (automatically inserted when playlist reaches end)
- Start mplayer with -loop 0, and automatically pause on last frame
- (insert idea here)

I suppose what I am asking requires changes to the C code, but if
anyone have a cool trick to let me do what I want, any help very
much appreciated.
I am not afraid to touch the C code, so if anyone have any pointers
where to start modifying to implement these ideas, I'd be grateful
as well.

Best regards,
Oskar