[MPlayer-users] MPlayer-users Digest, Vol 68, Issue 31

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Wed Aug 26 17:26:17 CEST 2009

Thanks Kiste,

I did see the posts about frame-by-frame stepping back.

Seems to me if that is implemented playing back at normal speed would
not be much harder?

If Mplayer was used in this project, then it would change the realm of
what mplayer could be used for. It seems to me the most efficient player
out there, and those strengths could easily make it a great video front
end for interactive video projects like mine.

It would be special use of course, but I don't think adding such a
feature would change anything for the end user, as likely such features
aligned with the kind of use would just be implemented in the -slave
control mode. Intraframe videos are likely standard in working with
video this way.

Since nothing is in the works then this approach is not possible for
this project.

It may be something I'd be willing to pay a bounty for in the future, if
I continue to develop works this way.

In case anyone is curious, here is the project I'm aiming to recreate in HD:

http://www.ekran.org/ben/wp/?p=57

Thanks for answering my questions.