[MPlayer-users] mplayer VDPAU support

Carl Eugen Hoyos cehoyos at ag.or.at
Sun Aug 30 23:05:14 CEST 2009

kkumar s <kumars2007 <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I am trying to understand the code for the data flow when vdpau is enabled.
> I see that in libvo/vo_vdpau.c  the vdp_device is created , and later the
> vdp_decoder is also
> created.  I see a function draw_slice which actually calls
> vdo_decoder_render.  I am not able to figure out how libavcodec calls
> draw_slice

put_image() in libmpcodecs/vf_vo.c calls draw_slice.

> ,  and how the decoded video surface is displayed using X11

In video_to_output_surface(), the VDPAU mixer gets the necessary data to be able
to render a picture on an output_surface, flip_page (called from mplayer.c)
displays it.

These were MPlayer questions, for VDPAU questions please see
/usr/include/vdpau.c,
ftp://download.nvidia.com/XFree86/vdpau/doxygen/html/index.html or post a
question on http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=14 .

Carl Eugen