[MPlayer-users] Playback of mp4 files on Windows and the -dr -vo gl:glfinish parameters

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Dec 5 20:17:58 CET 2009

Please add line-breaks to your mails, such a wall of text is annoyingly hard to quote.

On Thu, Dec 03, 2009 at 06:09:18PM -0700, Barb Sterling wrote:
> On some systems, I must specify -dr -vo gl:glfinsh in order for the video output to display.

What happens without -dr?

> On other systems providing these parameters causes display problems (which mplayer warns me about).

Huh? What specifically is the message you means?
MPlayer certainly does not warn about any display problems related to glfinish.
Also if glfinish makes more than a performance issue that is almost certainly a
driver bug, and quite a rare one for what I know.

> Any ideas/suggestions are appreciated.

Provide us some useful information. You say neither which if these options
cause or fix which problem, nor did you provide any MPlayer output or describe
the "display problems" above nor anything else that would help getting
at least an idea what the problem might be.