[MPlayer-users] new Star Trek XI DVD won't play or save

Alexander Roalter alex at roalter.it
Tue Dec 8 09:16:12 CET 2009

Henry Garcia wrote:
> dvdnav:// works like a champ!  Thank you.
>
> I had problems at first also. And then used dvdvav:// with latest svn
> Mplayer played fine.
>
> But then encoded with the latest svn and it encoded but the chapters
> were out of order. I've noticed this happening on other DVD's. Anybody
> else experienced behavior? Any solutions?

With my copy of star trek (german), there are 99 titles on the dvd, and
half of it are as long as the main feature, but only a few of them play
the feature in the correct chapter order.

So, while dvdnav://4 plays ok, dvdnav://5 will play the normal start,
but continue with a different 1st chapter etc. It's all about finding
the correct title for it.

One problem I still have: dumpstream will not output it correctly, on
some chapter breaks it jumps to the wrong position (on the Transformers
2 DVD, same copy protection scheme), after chapter 2 it should jump to
chapter 3, but jumps back to somewhere in chapter 2, and the next time
it comes to the chapter break, it jumps some 30 seconds into the chapter 3.

If I *play* the same title *with* cache, at the chapter break 2 I jump
directly these 30seconds into chapter 3, *without* cache, the chapter
break is ok, but I get a52 CRC error and a click noise on the soundtrack...

Thing is, this is all but smooth playback.

--
cheers,
Alex