[MPlayer-users] Nvidia driver 185 not supported anymore for vdpau in mplayer svn?

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Wed Dec 9 22:34:25 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-08 at 18:25 +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
> From a purely "technical" standpoint I don't think a generic hoster will
> provide the "main" repository though - if sourceforge is any indication
> that would mean risking that your project is gone as soon as some clown
> meets a lawyer (does repo.or.cz have a history in that regard?).

I think this is much less of an issue with git. cvs and svn were clumsy
enough that moving the repo was significant effort and caused major
disruption. Moving a git repo is much easier, and the "main" repo being
down has a much smaller effect on development. So IMO there's less need
to worry about such issues in advance.