[MPlayer-users] hang when playing bluray DTS-MA track

Dâniel Fraga fragabr at gmail.com
Thu Dec 10 14:19:44 CET 2009

On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 16:47:16 -0800
Shane W <shane-mplayer at csy.ca> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have a BD with a regular DTS track along with a DTS
> master audio track. However, when I attempt to play it,
> mplayer gets to:
> Opening audio decoder: [ffmpeg] FFmpeg/libavcodec audio
> decoders
>
> and then mplayer hangs. MP seems to think the track is
> TRUEHD though.
> mplayer 00007.m2ts -ausid 0x72
> TS file format detected.
> NO VIDEO! AUDIO TRUEHD(pid=4352) NO SUBS (yet)!  PROGRAM N.
> 1
>
> So wondering how to tell mplayer that this is a DTS-MA
> track.

	I experienced this yesterday trying to play m2ts files from the
"Up" blu-ray. I had to use -demuxer lavf for it to work with DTS... the
default demuxer thinks it's a True-HD track as you said.

Track ID:    4352
Stream type: DTS-HD
Stream ID:   A_DTS
Stream info: Bitrate: 1536Kbps  core + MLP data.Sample Rate: 48KHz Channels: 5.1 (DTS Master Audio)

	***

	Could it be fixed? If the developers need a sample, I can
provide. Just tell me the ideal file size for the sample...

	Thanks.

	Ps: the interesting thing is that there's other m2ts files
using DTS-HD (like Australia) for example that Mplayer can detect the DTS-HD properly
although it keeps giving the "Not a valid DCA frame" message...

--
Linux 2.6.32: Man-Eating Seals of Antiquity