[MPlayer-users] Does the ass library of mplayer or vdpau driver of mplayer have memory leak problem?

do damn dodamn at gmail.com
Fri Dec 11 14:25:03 CET 2009

OS: Ubuntu Jaunty amd64
Kernel: 2.6.28 x86_64
Mplayer: 1.0~rc3+svn20091207

I use mplayer 1.0 rc3 built from 20091207 snapshot. In more detail, my
mplayer was built by launchpad nvidia vdpau team ppa.(
https://launchpad.net/~nvidia-vdpau/+archive/ppa<https://launchpad.net/%7Envidia-vdpau/+archive/ppa>
).

I installed that package and used it. But mplayer eats full of memory when
video file is played with subtitles with enabled ssa/ass option and vdpau
output driver. After about 20 minutes play time, memory is full and swapping
occurs. If video fille is played without subtitles, or with subtitles but
disabled ssa/ass option, no memory leak happens. Also If video file is
played with subtitles and enabled ssa/ass option but xv driver(no vdpau), no
memory leak occurs.

The package is built from 20091207 snapshot. It is very recenet version.

Is there anyone who also has same problem like me?
How can I fix this problem? Is there a patch to fix it?

Please help me. It is very annoying.