[MPlayer-users] Request for Bloom effect in Video Output

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Sat Dec 19 15:02:53 CET 2009

On Sat, 2009-12-19 at 16:25 +0300, Каримов Родион wrote:
> No it depends on relative brightness of objects.

"No" what? You're not actually addressing the reason I gave why it
wouldn't work.

> So the information about relative lightness of objects is present in HDR and LDR images and there is ability to simulate bloom effect on [ 0, 1 ] color space.

Wrong, all information about brightness levels exceeding a certain value
is typically lost when converting to the usual [0, 255] integer range (I
think that in this context it's better to explicitly mention that
integer range rather than use the more abstract [0, 1]). That lost
information is exactly what would have been needed for the effect.