[MPlayer-users] Request for Bloom effect in Video Output

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de
Sat Dec 19 22:14:56 CET 2009

On Sat, Dec 19, 2009 at 08:20:11PM -0000, Phil Rhodes wrote:
> I haven't the foggiest idea why this (silly) idea is receiving so
> much interest, and yet (critically useful) things like DPX file
> output get overlooked year after year.

Well, I'd suggest that you consider the possibility that to the
average MPlayer user even this very silly feature is more useful
than DPX output (ignoring the fact that MPlayer is no longer the
appropriate place for file format support, only FFmpeg is).
Also this discussion has given me some ideas on how to maybe do
more interesting filtering by using mipmaps whereas DPX has failed
to provide any particular inspiration so far.