[MPlayer-users] Request for Bloom effect in Video Output

Каримов Родион RodionKarimov at yandex.ru
Sun Dec 20 14:36:07 CET 2009

> Ok, so I see in fact I don't know what you're talking about, at least it's
> not what wikipedia thinks "blooming" is.

Here is the article on HDR rendering - http://steps3d.narod.ru/tutorials/hdr-tutorial.html - but it is russian - author Alexey V. Boreskoff -
he wrote many books about computer graphics and now reading lectures, as far as I remember, in Moscow State University. So I have reason to believe him - he names this effect Bloom. Also he mention that John Carmack wrote about it and described it also so.

> And, as I'm used to use mammalian eyes but not compound eyes (which
> consist of facets) I probably have never experienced the effect you're
> describing.

By facets - I'm meaning facet in one eye and facet in other eye -
and not insects eyes. Maybe I'm told it somehow not right in english - but english is not my native language -
I will look how you will explain me what you are speaking about in russian.

> So the filter will be only useful for "MPlayer- The Computer Graphics
> Player" and not for "MPlayer- The Movie Player".

I'm not asking to implement bloom from lenses, I'm asking to implement bloom, that happens in cells in eyes facets -
please hear what I'm speaking to you, but not that what you want to hear.

And to say the true - I'm tired to argue with those, who don't want to understand.
I understand - nobody will do this here - so I will not insist on it anymore here.