[MPlayer-users] VDPAU performance with an Asus AT3N7A-I

Tue Dec 22 13:13:16 CET 2009

On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 07:51, Reimar Döffinger
<Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 11:19:50PM +0100, Richard Hartmann wrote:
>> On Mon, Dec 21, 2009 at 23:02, Reimar Döffinger
>> <Reimar.Doeffinger at gmx.de> wrote:
>>
>> > With VDPAU -benchmark numbers are rather misleading.
>> > Try normal playback and give these numbers from the status line:
>>
>> As in, without threading?
>
> No without -benchmark, was that so unclear that nobody understood it?

Apparently yes. But we are all synced, now :)

> Report a bug if it fails to build.

Will do as I...

> Unless that is because you are using
> outdated NVidia drivers, in which case you should try updating first.

...have current drivers.

> And I'm not sure if it is wise to just believe what is said on IRC.

To play devil's advocate, is it wise to just believe what is said on the
mailing list? I know what you mean, but as a relative outsider, I have
to give advance trust to _someone_.

Thanks,
RIchard