[MPlayer-users] VDPAU performance with an Asus AT3N7A-I

Uoti Urpala uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi
Tue Dec 22 13:35:48 CET 2009

On Tue, 2009-12-22 at 13:25 +0100, Richard Hartmann wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 13:15, Uoti Urpala <uoti.urpala at pp1.inet.fi> wrote:
>
> > If your display FPS is significantly
> > higher than the video FPS then the overall benchmark time gives a
> > reasonably robust answer to the question "can my system play this
> > noticeably faster than realtime"?
>
> Display FPS is 60, video is 29.something.

Yes I already got those numbers from your pasted benchmark results; my
above post was just an explanation to Reimar what was wrong with his
"status line numbers" suggestion.

BTW the video was actually 24 FPS, not 29 (according to both the header
information printed by MPlayer, and the end position with -frames 5000
being around 208 seconds).