[MPlayer-users] Slow seeking in incomplete files

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Feb 5 09:40:29 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 05, 2009 at 01:23:27AM +0100, RVM wrote:
> Something I noticed is that seeking in incomplete files (and I actually mean
> files still downloading in mldonkey) is much faster in mplayer 1.0rc1 than in
> recent versions (1.0rc2 and svn). In 1.0rc1 when I press cursor up or pgup it
> almost immediately finds something to play, while in recent versions it takes
> a lot of time.
>
> Why?
> Is there an option to return to the behavior of 1.0rc1?

That certainly is not true in general (e.g. AVI file seek behaviour is definitely
unchanged and playback of damaged files is much improved), you will have to be
more specific which kind of files you mean.
You could try -demuxer mov, but if that helps you should also try a
newer MPlayer version, that might be fixed.