[MPlayer-users] Learning with more than one subtitle

AlexanDER Franca alexander at nautae.eti.br
Fri Feb 6 04:16:54 CET 2009

Hi everyone.

I'm studying english and one of the best things that I usually do - to improve my english - is to watch films with english subtitles.

But, of course, sometimes I'm watching an avi (or wmv or rmvb) file instead of a DVD.

So... I have two questions:

1 - is that possible to load two (or more) str files and switch among them using a shortcut (like B on DVDs)? How?

2 - is that any way to put two subtitles "running" simultaneous on the movie? For example, use an english subtitle on the top and a portuguese subtitle at the bottom of the movie.

Some people say that I can use a SSA file. Ok, seems to be amazing, despite the fact that I can't find a tool to merge two subtitles and find another tool to put this "thing" on the movie.

So, I give up about SSA files and went back to srt files. But I still need a way to switch among srt files.

[]'s
AlexanDER