[MPlayer-users] jumping with arrows "<-" and "->"

Robert Henney robh at rut.org
Fri Feb 13 05:19:25 CET 2009

On Thu, Feb 12, 2009 at 12:51:19AM -0800, Pawel K wrote:
> Hello
>
> How can I change the default settings for the arrows "<-" and "->" in mplayer.
> The default value is 10 s. I would like to set another default value.

I believe it's hardcoded in the source, so you'd need to change it
there and recompile.

however, until more accurate seeking is implemented in mplayer you
probably don't want to set it to less than 10 seconds.  if a backwards
time jump doesn't cross a keyframe you'll find yourself further forward
in the file than you began.