[MPlayer-users] ffmpg build error?

PO x75 at shaw.ca
Fri Feb 13 07:20:29 CET 2009

> Which x264 dir, I've got about a gigabyte of x264 crap laying around from a
> failed gmerlin build, but its not part of the mplayer package.  I should
> probably nuke it all and re get it.  Question is how?  Got a wiki link maybe?
>
> Thanks Phil.

 From the mplayer documentation:

x264 is a library for creating H.264 video. MPlayer sources are updated
whenever an x264 API change occurs, so it is always suggested to use
MPlayer from Subversion.

If you have a GIT client installed, the latest x264 sources can be
gotten with this command:

git clone git://git.videolan.org/x264.git

Then build and install in the standard way:

./configure && make && make install

Now rerun ./configure for MPlayer to pick up x264 support.

Good luck Gene