[MPlayer-users] playing file from a remote server to its, monitor

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Mon Feb 16 05:36:33 CET 2009

On Sun, 15 Feb 2009 22:13:25 +0100
Pierpaolo gullˆa <sviluppo at audiias.com> wrote:

> I try to follw your instruction , but if  I use ssh -X and
>
> export DISPLAY=:0.0 (
>
> I see on the mnitor of client what the server are playing with mplayer
> .

Setting DISPLAY=:0.0 will certainly make MPlayer output to the local
machine's X11 display, assuming you're logged-in over SSH as the same
user that is running X11 locally.

However, if you are using some less common shell type, like csh/tcsh,
"export" won't work, there you need to use setenv instead.

Alternatively, just put the variable before the command-line, eg.:

# DISPLAY=:0.0 mplayer -vo xv VIDEO.avi

--
Don't trust me! I'm wrong!