[MPlayer-users] Disable audio when using "." to step forward in a movie

Oliver Seitz info at vtnd.de
Mon Feb 16 18:04:29 CET 2009

> Phil Rhodes pisze:
>
>>> After proper PulseAudio removal you must recompile MPlayer.
>
>> Again, god, please... this is the -user- list. Compiling software is not
>> a -user- activity. Forcing users to compile software is a Bad Thing, TM.

I do consider myself as a "user", and I prefer the easy task of typing
./configure&&make&&make install
to the hard and confusing task consisting of like 20 clicks on hidden
buttons to hopefully re-install a program on some "proprietary operating
system".

It happens regularly that bugs in MPlayer are fixed within very few hours
after being posted. If every bugfix would require building a bunch of
binary packets to keep the "mouse-only-users" happy, bugfixes would take
weeks or months. I like it the way it is now, even if I have to compile
the fixed version myself.

Greets,
Kiste