[MPlayer-users] Disable audio when using "." to step forward in a movie

Ilja Sekler ilja_sekler_ at gmx.de
Mon Feb 16 20:24:55 CET 2009

On 16.02.2009 19:35, Reimar Döffinger wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 16, 2009 at 06:59:23PM +0100, Reimar Döffinger wrote:
>
>> Well, there is also e.g. OSS and JACK, I think they don't have the
>> issue.

Thank you, I see now that frame stepping works fine wiht -ao oss.

>> I also made a patch for that ALSA issue a long time ago (long
>> enough that I neither have it on hand nor do I know what issues it
>> had - it should be in the -dev-eng archives somewhere though).
>
> Correction: I made the patch for OSS and it was already applied.

Ah, I was unsure whether
<http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-dev-eng/2007-April/051272.html>
was the right place...

> You can try attached patch for ALSA, though it will not help for
> e.g. AC3 passthrough.

AC3 passthrough is never used here, thank you very much for the patch. I
just had to restart the build with an older revision (r28611), because
r28614 didn't compile, before I could test a patched build.

Unfortunately, the patch doesn't work well with ALSA. It causes an
almost 0.5s delay after pressing "." till MPlayer reacts. I should test
an unpatched r28611 though.

--
Regards

Ilja