[MPlayer-users] subtitle missing

Mike Castle dalgoda+mplayer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 18 18:40:53 CET 2009

On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 8:57 AM, Towncat <towncat.towncat at gmail.com> wrote:
> but the -dumpsrtsubs problem still remains.

I don't think this will work with DVDs.  SRT files are a text format;
DVD subtitles are bitmapped images.

There are a number of solutions that will extract the images, run them
through OCR software, and then you manually proofread them for
accuracy.  I have no idea how well they work for non-English though (I
imagine they use spell correction to help in the OCR phase).

Some of those solutions may use MPlayer as just one phase of the
process, but I don't think the whole pipeline is built into MPlayer.

What is your ultimate goal?  Folks might be able to offer alternate
solutions if they know what you're trying to accomplish.

mrc