[MPlayer-users] After encoding the video gets twice faster and out of sync

Igor Katson descentspb at gmail.com
Fri Feb 20 11:43:51 CET 2009

I have tons of videofiles, which need to be batch encoded. However,
there is a problem with many of them:

after I encode them with mencoder, the video is very fast and quickly
gets out of sync with the audio, but if I play the original file with
mplayer, it is absolutely ok.

It happened with somewhat default settings, and much more complex ones, e.g.
mencoder 10000v.3gp -ovc lavc -oac pcm -o test.avi

I tried using -vf harddup and -vf softskip, but that didn't help.

The version of mplayer is one of the latest SVN's (SVN-r28470-4.3.2),
the system is linux-x64

I attached the sample file, it is 40kb in size (couldn't upload it to
ftp server, and it was larger than 80kb, so i splitted it with
/usr/bin/split)

P.S. Reencoding it with ffmpeg produces normal result