[MPlayer-users] Request for assistance, playing my HD-DVD movies

Krzysztof Duchnowski amidk75 at gmail.com
Sat Feb 21 22:36:33 CET 2009

Sarah Lane pisze:
>  I appologize to you Phil & Krzysztof (if there is a misunderstanding
> ;)... and further you should congradulate MPLAYER for what it does.
> Besides (RIAA), or your local affiliate is not going to sue you or get
> you. Fact is, nobody has ever in history of mankind EVER been arrested or
> sued for being in their home, for backing up (i.e. 'ripping'), or playing
> a movie they owned (if you can find one single solitary incident of that
> in history of mankind, archived on google news or elsewhere, people post
> your evidence!)... Anyway.... that would be the main way I intend to use
> MPLAYER.It is OK :D Doing personal backups is one thing wuth stuff you
> own. Taking those and mass coping and selling them on the street is a
> whole different game. You do that, you are doing so at your own peril and
> risk. Obviously I am not suggesting that! So please don't talk non-sense.

You talking about cracking copy protection and useing copy protection
descriptor downloaded from net - it's no mater for what purpose for some
people and fighting with their accusation could be really troublesome
even if you have law by your side and you win. It's such organisation -
RIAA. Like mafia. They treaten people even if they have no right for
that (like appeal to pay penalty without sentence by the RIAA lawyer).
And nobody taken care of them in US...
EOT?

--
Krzysztof 'DK75' Duchnowski