[MPlayer-users] gmplayer osd

mike mhardy_mail at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 22 20:50:08 CET 2009

--- On Sun, 2/22/09, Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de> wrote:

> From: Reimar Döffinger <Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de>
> Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] gmplayer osd
> To: mhardy_mail at yahoo.com, "MPlayer usage questions, feature requests, bug reports" <mplayer-users at mplayerhq.hu>
> Date: Sunday, February 22, 2009, 1:17 PM
> On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 10:10:48AM -0800, mike wrote:
> > > is  it reasonable to make (part of) such a file
> available?
> >
> > I might not be able to.  these are instructional
> > poker videos and both the drm-crippled and
> > drm-free videos were paid for and even if I strip
> > out audio and sent only the first 10-15m their
> > producers probably wouldn't appreciate it.
> >
> > so I will have to hunt around on the web for a
> > video of mostly static/powerpoint-type stuff to
> > see if it too exhibits this problem.
>
> Try this one:
> http://samples.mplayerhq.hu/asf-wmv/low_fps/cheaterlow.wmv

ok this video causes the osd skipping; curiously both mplayer and
gmplayer suffer the same way.  I reran my (osd failing) poker
vid with both mplayer and gmplayer and contrary to op they
both suffer identically from the halting/leaping osd (I will
have to recompile the mplayer snapshot to see if I mistakenly
only saw mplayer behaving differently there).

wrt this vid, osd timer (and video) start at 6s, leaps to 8s, then
again leaps to 11s then again to 14s (i.e., osd timer does not
display "7s" or "10s", etc.); this appears to sync with the changing
text screens.

at ~25s the timer seems to keep moving as there is motion but
on cmd line I see a pile of "Invalid frame duration value
(23.436/23.436 => -0.000). Defaulting to 0.067 sec."; don't know if
this is important.

as long as there's motion osd seems ok but again at 46s (text on
screen/vid frozen) it stalls then leaps to 48s when text goes away
(the "Invalid..." is not printed during these two seconds).