[MPlayer-users] mplayer vdpau with menu=yes

Florian Weyandt weyandt at gmx.net
Mon Feb 23 17:12:35 CET 2009

Error while decoding frame!
vf_get_image: Tried to allocate a format that can not be allocated!
[h264_vdpau @ 0x885a060]get_buffer() failed (-1 0 0 (nil))
[h264_vdpau @ 0x885a060]decode_slice_header error
[h264_vdpau @ 0x885a060]no frame!
Error while decoding frame!
[h264_vdpau @ 0x885a060]B picture before any references, skipping
[h264_vdpau @ 0x885a060]decode_slice_header error
[h264_vdpau @ 0x885a060]no frame!
Error while decoding frame!
vf_get_image: Tried to allocate a format that can not be allocated!
[h264_vdpau @ 0x885a060]get_buffer() failed (-1 0 0 (nil))
[h264_vdpau @ 0x885a060]decode_slice_header error
[h264_vdpau @ 0x885a060]no frame!
Error while decoding frame!

I compiled mplayer with --enable-menu and tried to play a 720p mkv but I
only get a console full of this. That is only when I run mplayer with
menu=yes in the config. Without it the file plays without problems.

I saw Reimar Döffinger added a patch implementing EOSD/ASS and thought
menu should be working now. Should it be working or is it still being
worked on?

Regards Eisman