[MPlayer-users] Question about building Mac OS X version from SVN

Michael Gaskins mbgaski at gmail.com
Wed Feb 25 04:05:18 CET 2009

Ok, I'm having trouble finding a straightforward bit of documentation to
explain this.  I recently acquired a Mac that I'm trying to use for video,
and Quicktime has some annoying quirks, so I'm trying to use MPlayer
instead.  The Mac OS X binary on the site worked ok, but had a few issues
and was listed as outdated.  Being a longtime Linux user, I'm comfortable
compiling from source, so I grabbed the lastest and compiled it. As
expected, I got an executable file, mplayer, within the current directory.

Here's my issue though: this is command line only.  The regular Mac OS X
build has a GUI included.  Trying the --enable-gui flag doesn't do anything
as that's the X11 GUI which isn't supported under Mac OS X.  Is there any
way to actually utilize the Mac GUI in this context?

Also, is it possible to build a standard .app package that I can copy into
my applications folder, rather than launching from the command line?
Thanks.

Mike Gaskins