[MPlayer-users] mp3lame autodetection problem

Baldvin Kovacs baldvin.kovacs at gmail.com
Sat Feb 28 23:21:28 CET 2009

Hi,

you are checking for mp3lame_preset using the c programs

#include <lame/lame.h>
int main(void) { lame_set_preset(NULL, STANDARD_FAST); return 0; }

and

#include <lame/lame.h>
int main(void) { lame_set_preset(NULL, MEDIUM_FAST); return 0; }

which *will* both fail always with segmentation fault, since in
libmp3lame/set_get.c, the relevant function is defined as

int
lame_set_preset(lame_global_flags * gfp, int preset)
{
    gfp->preset = preset;
    return apply_preset(gfp, preset, 1);
}

so it obviously will dereference a null pointer.

Originally planned to send a patch, but I have just figured out that I can
force usage of lame with --enable-mp3lame --enable-mp3lame-lavc, so I am
going the easy way.

Best,
Baldvin

(I've used the svn version, updated today.)